Ten important questions to ask your agent
There are literally hundreds of Realtors and Real Estate Agents throughout Fort Bend, and thus the task of choosing one can seem daunting at first. The truth is not every Realtor is created equal. The question becomes, “What Fort Bend Realtor should you hire?” Qualifications and experience are important. However, finding a solid, professional agent means getting beyond the resume, and into what makes an agent effective. Use the following questions as your starting point in hiring your licensed, professional real estate agent:
- Why did you become a real estate agent? How familiar are you with the homes and market in Fort Bend County?
- Why should I work with you?
- What do you do better than other real estate agents?
- What process will you use to help me find the right home for my particular wants and needs? Or for selling, What is your marketing plan for selling my home?
- What are the most common things that go wrong in a transaction and how would you handle them?
- What are some mistakes that you think people make when buying their first home?
- What other professionals do you suggest we work with and what are their credentials?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?
- Are you a member of HAR? What additional Certifications/Education do you have?
- What hours do you work or rather how often are you available?