How can a real estate agent help me?
Below are the main roles of your real estate agent / Realtor in Fort Bend
General Real Estate Agent Duties / Guidelines:
- undivided loyalty to client
- reasonable skill and care
- fiduciary to client
- Educates you about your market.
- Analyzes your wants and needs.
- Guides you to homes that fit your criteria.
- Coordinates the work of other needed professionals.
- Negotiates on your behalf.
- Checks and double-checks paperwork and deadlines.
- Solves any problems that may arise.*Note: The Buyer’s Agent is free of charge to the Buying Client; the Seller pays the commission for both the Listing Agent and the Buyer’s Agent.
Fort Bend County Seller’s Real Estate Agent:
1. During the listing process, the Seller’s agent:
- Prepares a competitive market analysis (CMA) of the seller’s home to decide its value based on the local market; for more information on pricing a home click here
- Develops and implements effective marketing strategies for the seller, including helping to establish asking price, staging, and positioning of the property
- Informs the seller what prices other homes and properties have sold for in the area.
2. During the negotiating process, the Seller’s agent:
- Presents all offers and counsels seller on what price to accept
- Negotiates exclusively on the seller’s behalf
- Updates the seller on market conditions
- Suggests that the seller contact an attorney for an estimate of closing costs
3. During the closing process, the Seller’s agent:
- Works closely with the seller to assure a smooth closing
- Monitors all dates, events and requirements for the seller
- Represents the Seller’s interest at the buyer’s walk-through inspection
- May attend the closing with the seller.
*Note: The Listing Agent is compensated only when your home closes and typically splits his/her commission with the Buyer’s Agent. The seller pays the commission of both agents and is typically 6% of the sale’s price; for more information about decided to hire a listing agent click here