Since a home purchase is a major investment, most transactions utilize a mortgage lender to aid in paying for the property. We have worked with many mortgage lenders throughout Fort Bend and Harris County and have had both positive and negative experiences. In other words, not all mortgage lenders are created equal.
The top qualities of a good mortgage lender are:
- The best possible interest rate and pricing
- Easy application process and helpfulness from the lender
- Full disclosure / transparency of all parts of the process
- Timely responses and easy to contact
- Provide sound financial advice and help guide clients to making good decisions
- Ability to Close Quickly Without Complications
However, most people will only work with one or two mortgage lenders in a lifetime, so how do they decide who possesses these qualities? The way most people choose a mortgage lender is either by chance (they saw an advertisement, choose the first company, etc), they were given a referral (by a friend, Realtor, etc.), or they interview several lenders and base the decision off of factors such as years of experience, lowest rates, etc. Keep in mind at all times, it is your choice alone when it comes to deciding which mortgage lender you want to hire.
We have a couple of lenders we have preferred to work with over the years and have screened them based on customer feedback and our own observations of the qualities listed above. See the get pre-qualified link or click here if you would like to use one of our preferred lenders.